Thursday 19 July 2007

Jacqui Smith Shock Drug Revelations!

I realise this may not be the most appropriate subject to open my TV- related blog on, but this will probably be on the box later anyway and i just couldn't resist!

The story centres around the stunning revelations by new Home Secretary Jacqui "who?" Smith that she smoked Cannibis "just a few times" during University, although she had "not particularly" enjoyed it.

Coming a day after Brown announced that she would head a review of UK Drugs Strategy, including Cannabis Laws, this revelation is no doubt an attempt to demonstrate Jacqui's human side, not to mention cover her arse when her cash-strapped former smoking buddies come a- knocking to the red tops.

Well Move over Howard Marks!

Jacqui commented:

"I think in some ways I have learnt my lesson and I have a responsibility as home secretary now to make sure we put in place the laws and the support and information to make sure we carry on bringing cannabis use down, which we are doing."

I am sure this will come as a great consolation to the thousands of ordinary citizen's who will likely be hauled before a judge if the Goverment gets its way and re-classifys Cannibis as a Class B drug.

Over the coming months expect the "10 x Stronger than the sixties" argument to be trotted out ad naseum as the goverment shapes up for another assault on freedom of choice. If weed was so weak in the past, maybe this is why Jacqui didn't enjoy it? For what ever reasons, her brush with addiction has left her in no two minds about the green menace.

On her actions Jacqui further commented:

"I did break the law... I was wrong... drugs are wrong."

So much for forward thinking policy...

No comments: